Planning to travel to Qatar for FIFA World Cup 2022? You no longer require a PCR test!
The Qatar Health Ministry made the announcement on Wednesday. Visitors will also not need to present a negative PCR or RAT test before travelling to Qatar, adding that the measure will come into effect from November 1.
No PCR test for FIFA World Cup visitors
From November 1, visitors will also not need to present a negative PCR or RAT test before travelling to Qatar.
Citizens and residents of Qatar are no longer required to take a rapid antigen test or PCR test within 24 hours of arrival in Qatar.
Additionally, from November 1, Qatar will be closed to anyone without a “Hayya card” — the mandatory document given to players, officials, staff, media and ticket holders and their guests. Hayya card serves as an entry permit to the State of Qatar from November 1.
You might also like: How to get Hayya Card for FIFA World Cup 2022
In a statement, the Ministry of Public Health “stressed the need for all citizens, residents and visitors to continue to follow standard precautionary measures to reduce the risk of infection. This includes being fully vaccinated against COVID-19; performing regular hand hygiene; getting tested if you experience COVID-19 symptoms; and following a healthy lifestyle”.
You might also like: When is FIFA World Cup 2022 starting: Latest updates
Qatar authorities have made some changes to their Ehteraz rules.
Ehteraz Mobile Application Policy:
It is mandatory for individuals to present the health status of the Ehteraz application when entering public and private healthcare facilities in Qatar.
From November 1, the green health status on Ehteraz application will now only need to be shown when entering healthcare facilities.
- To download Ehteraz, the traveler must have the following:
- SIM card from one of Qatar’s service providers (Ooredoo or Vodafone) or an international SIM card.
- Mobile internet connection.
- The smartphone should support Android 6, newer versions or IOS 13.5 and later versions.
- Download and install the app on the mobile phone either via Google Play, Apple App Store or from any online search engines.
- SIM cards and smartphones are available for purchase at Hamad International Airport and Abu Samra border crossing if the passenger does not own them before arrival.