For those traveling between Dubai and Sharjah, here’s an excellent solution to avoid the notorious traffic. The Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has just revealed that the ferry service between the two emirates will make a comeback on Friday, August 4th.
The return of the RTA ferry service is met with great enthusiasm, particularly for the many residents who have chosen to reside in Sharjah and commute to work in Dubai. It provides a convenient and efficient transportation option for their daily journeys.
Dubai to Sharjah ferry service
The ferry service will run eight times a day from Monday to Thursday, and six times from Friday to Sunday. The journey will take roughly 35 minutes.
This marine service operates between Al Ghubaiba Marine Station in Dubai and Aquarium Marine Station in Sharjah.
The ferry tickets between Dubai and Sharjah will be available at Dhs15 for silver class and Dhs25 for gold class. Tickets are free for people of determination and children under the age of five.
Passengers have the convenience of using their nol cards, or they can purchase tickets either from the station or online at marine.rta.ae .
The Dubai to Sharjah ferry will not only add to the marine transport routes provided by RTA but also help reduce traffic on the roads by giving commuters a safe and quick alternative.
Sharjah to Dubai departures timings:
Monday to Thursday: 7am, 8.30am, 4.45pm, and 6.15pm
Friday to Sunday: 2pm, 4pm, and 6pm
Dubai to Sharjah departures timings:
Monday to Thursday: 7.45am, 4pm, 5.30pm, 7pm
Friday to Sunday: 3pm, 5pm, 8pm
Quick facts about the RTA Dubai to Sharjah ferry service
- Each RTA Dubai Ferry boasts 100 comfortable seats, including 84 Economy seats, 14 Business seats, and 2 spaces specifically designed for People of Determination.
- On-board restroom facilities cater to the needs of men, women, and disabled travelers.
- Commuters can indulge in entertainment through LCD screens on the ferry, along with Nahaam, a smart tourist guide that offers information about attractions along the ferry’s route.
- From Al Ghubaiba Marine Station, commuters have the option to travel to various destinations like Dubai Water Canal, Dubai Marina Mall, and Jumeirah Beach using the ferry service.
- Additionally, Dubai Ferry offers a sightseeing tour that takes passengers from Dubai Marina Mall to Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis Dubai.
You might also like: Travel by road from UAE to Oman – Step by step guide