Only 100 days remain until the FIFA World Cup 2022, which is sure to be a thrilling event.
Ticket holders, you now have the opportunity to apply for the Hayya Card. A Hayya Card is required for all international travellers planning to enter Qatar between Tuesday, November 1, 2022, and Monday, January 23, 2023.
So, if you wish to watch the Qatar World Cup 2022, you need a Hayya Card along with match tickets.
Below is the complete guide on how to apply for a Hayya Card.
What is the Hayya Card?
The Hayya card is a smart electronic identification card designed as a Fan ID for the coming 2022 World Cup. It is personalised document that is issued and required by every single person attending any of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 matches ( all local and international fans).
The card is an initiative of the Qatari government, and only one Hayya card (Fan ID) is required per person for the duration of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
What documents are needed to apply for the Hayya Card?
Here’s the list:
- Valid match ticket;
- For international fans: travel documents (your valid passport, valid for at least three months after arrival in Qatar);
- For residents of Qatar: the QID;
- A valid high-quality photo (read below for photo requirements);
- An emergency contact;
- Proof of accommodation to finalise.
You might also like: When is FIFA World Cup 2022 starting: Latest updates
How to apply for the Hayya Card?
The Hayya Card application can be processed online. After you have secured FIFA match tickets, you are recommended to start your Hayya application as soon as possible.
Follow the below steps to apply:
1. To apply for the Hayya card, open the portal hayya.qatar2022.qa .
Using your email address and password, you need to sign up on the website, along with some basic personal information. An OTP will be sent to the email address for verification. Once verification is complete, your Hayya account is created.
You can also apply through the Hayya to Qatar 2022 mobile application.
2. Proceed to the application form by clicking on “Apply for Hayya“.
3. Depending on your ticket type, select Applicant Category. For FIFA ticketholders, select Match ticket holder category and use ticket application number to apply for the card.
4. Under the Application Information, upload your photo and enter the Passport details (you can otherwise upload scanned images of the passport).
5. Enter the contact details including the emergency contact, under the Contact Information.
6. Final step is to add the address details and submit your application.
Note: Even if you haven’t booked any accommodation yet, you can start applying for the Hayya card. However, for international fans, your application will only be complete upon confirmation of your accommodations by Hayya.
Once the application is processed you will receive an email regarding the status of your application confirmation – approved, pending, or rejected. Local fans (residents) can expect a response email within an hour, while international fans can expect a status confirmation after up to 5 days.
For issues while applying for the Hayya card, you can call 800 2022 (if you are based in Qatar) or contact: +974 4441 2022 (if you are outside Qatar). Alternatively, you can email them at [email protected]
What benefits does the Hayya card provide?
1. Entry Permit to Qatar: The card serves as a visa to enter Qatar during the World Cup, so football fans worldwide do not need to apply for a separate permit.
2. Stadium Access: Hayya card, along with a valid match ticket, will grant access to the stadium on match days. Even the residents of Qatar who want to enter stadiums for matches also need this card.
3. Free Metro and Bus Access: The Hayya card also gives you access to free public transport on match days (both shuttle buses and the metro).
4. Smart journey planning via the “Hayya App”.
How long is my Hayya card valid?
A Hayya card (Fan ID) will be valid from approximately two weeks before the start of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, until after the tournament.
Hayya card photo requirements
While applying for the Hayya card, a high quality photo of applicant is required that must meet the following paramters:
- The photo must be in color;
- The photo must be 30 mm in width and 40 mm in height;
- Miniumum resolution of 720px;
- The required height of the head from chin to crown is 30 mm;
- The required distance from the top border of the photo to the crown of the head is 2.5 mm;
- The background must be plain white;
- The applicant must be easily identifiable in the picture, so no dramatic makeup nor digital enhancements are allowed;
- Face must take up 70% to 80% of the photo. The head must be centered in the image with eyes open and mouth closed.
- Only JPEG or JPG images must be used.
- Application photo must be less than 12 months old from the time of applying.